When Santa Went Missing







Author- Parinita Shetty

Protagonist- Noel Claus

Number of pages- 184

Let’s get started-

The name describes it all! I absolutely love this book (even though the pages are quite less for my liking- I like novels better). The thing about this book is that it’s short, light, funny and it’s about all things Christmas-y! I hadn’t finished it before Christmas Eve, so I couldn’t write down about it. But, let me tell you this: For all those adventure/comedy loving people, this is THE book to read!

Well, let’s talk about what’s in the book. Eleven-year-old Noel wants to live a normal life- something that’s the tiniest bit difficult when your dad is Santa Claus. Just as Noel is struggling to cope with her dysfunctional family, her father goes missing in prime Santa Claus season!

When rumors of his disappearance start leaking, a reluctant Noel is packed off on a quest to prevent worldwide elfish panic (no, elfish here does not mean little panic. It literally means that elves are panicking). And if THAT wasn’t enough, Gilmore, Coral and Bean, three elves with personality disorders, are along for the ride. Whoot whoot! This ragtag team has one week to visit six toy factories around the world and stop them from falling into chaos.

With crazy adventures on every turn and Santa failing to budge at the missing persons list, saving Christmas seems just a little out of their league. But don’t worry, everything with be jingly and jolly at the end of the book. Trust the author J.

****
Excerpt-

I let myself in the front door, dropped my things in a pile on the floor and breathed a huge sigh of relief. No more school until March. Christmas was upon us, which meant all hands on the Yuletide deck.

Don’t get me wrong. I like school. I like the subjects they teach. I like the professors too, even though sometimes I wish I had a teacher who was more than one-third my height.
 
****

See? That’s what I like about the book! SHE UNDERSTANDS US KIDS.

Just one spoiler- Okay.. Santa’s hiding. From something. And it’s in someplace very familiar to the family. VERY FAMILIAR.

Brownie points- 5 ON 5 POINTS. DON’T EVEN ASK ME WHY.
******************************************************************************
Yay! Another one. c:
I really enjoyed this book, it was fabulous. I hope you like it too! ^.^

Comments

Popular Posts