Tall, Thin And Blonde




 
Author- Dyan Sheldon


Protagonist- Jenny Kaliski (Jen)

Number of pages-181

Let’s get started-

There were the popular girls…
The unpopular girls…
And then there was me.

Amy Ford. That name doesn’t sound like a Miss Perfect Teenager’s name. But looks like little Amy is all grown up now, a high-schoolgirl who wants nothing more than dresses, golden locks and a can of diet soda.

Jenny Kaliski. She doesn’t know what kind of popularity-crazy monster she’s dealing with, until she sees her ‘best friend’, Amy, talk to the girls in the popular clique. Now, Jen doesn’t know WHEN and HOW Amy managed to get her now-manicured fingers onto these girls and HOW she enchanted them into accepting her as their own, but here it was.

And when Amy took Jen into Miss America, the Miss Perfect Teenager’s hideout, she was sure that aliens had taken over her friend’s body. ‘Best friend’s’ body. But, can we call her that now?

And suddenly, Amy was ready to go to the dance. Jen was bewildered.

Amy had changed. A lot. She wasn’t the swim-team girl who swore never to go to the dance and think about going on a diet. EVER. Maybe ‘ever’ was over.
Jen had to make some new friends (and she already HAD made them- Sue, Tanya, Marva and Joan). They weren’t exactly what you would call ‘sane’, but they were her friends. The only ones left, after Amy decided to go to Rosie Henley for beauty tips. 

***
Excerpt-

No one said anything to me. I just stood there, smiling. I could feel my skirt shrinking and my knees swelling. I was getting shorter. I glanced at my watch. Why hadn’t I realized how hairy my arms were? I looked like a jungle girl. I clasped my hands behind my back. Amy said something that made everyone laugh. I smiled harder.
 
***

Poor Jen. That’s what happened to her during the dance, but she’s got a bucket-load of happiness coming her way and she doesn’t know about it. And this happiness was coming in the form of a protest. A protest of the dissection of frogs.

Jen’s not sure about the idea of the protest, though. But, with the help of Christopher County, Marva’s equally weird and friendly brother, Jenny manages to make a costume, and build her courage. But Amy’s there again.

She tries to coax Jen into leaving the team of the Witches of Red Bay (that’s what people call Jen’s group of friends) and to forget about the protest.
Will Jen go ahead with the protest, or not?

Just one spoiler Jen's hair turns green when she tries to become a permanent blonde and dyes it. 

Brownie points-     5 out of 5 brownies! Oh my gosh, this book is just SOO awesome! It's what every high schoolgirl needs~ So go to the nearest bookstore, grab this (maybe it's the last copy!), hurry back home and START READING NOW. I'm sure you'll love this <3


******************************************************************************
+1 and comment~ <3

Comments

Popular Posts